Air Compressor Applications Singapore | Industrial Applications for Air Compressors
Looking for Compressed Air Solutions? Industrial Air Compressor Singapore – Low Maintenance, High Performance. Best In Class Air Compressors. High quality, Reliable & Economical. We are the leading supplier of compressed air systems for marine and offshore use. Call for your Air Compressor needs.
Air Compressors for Industrial Applications
Air compressors can be grouped into three classifications: consumer grade, professional grade and industrial grade.
- Consumer grade air compressors can be described as a pancake or single-stage model. They’re used for household tasks like inflating tires and inflatable products and possibly some low-load air tools like staplers and brad guns.
- Professional grade air compressors provide more power and higher pressurized air. They could be two-stage reciprocating models or rotary screw models and can provide more power to run several air tools at once with intermittent use.
- Industrial grade air compressors will be the workhorse of a manufacturing plant or the reliable power source on an oil rig. They are designed to provide a steady flow of compressed air for long periods of time and can take fluctuating surges in use typical in major manufacturing plants. These compressors are built with high-quality components that allow for customization to the specific environment to improve performance, energy efficiency and reliability.
Compressed Air Applications
When you think about the examples above, you might wonder how compressed air is used in these situations. In the industry, it is used in two ways: as energy and as part of a process. These two types are referred to as Energy Air and Active Air respectively.
First of all, Energy Air is used for storing and transmitting energy in order to do mechanical work. More specifically, it is used to power pneumatic production equipment, air operated lathe chucks, pressure clean parts and to convey or cool components during production.
Active air, on the other hand, is required as an active and integral part of a certain process. In this case, the air comes in contact with the product therefore the air quality is very important. The clean, dry air quality, or CDA quality for short, can be enhanced by utilizing oil-free compressors and by treating the air using one of the many quality air tools available. This is often used in the following industries:
- Food & Beverage
- Aeration and Agitation
- Semiconductor & Electronics
- Medical Breathing Air
Industrial Applications for Compressed Air
Many companies use compressed air like an energy source, powering equipment and tools for a more reliable and efficient utility. Smaller businesses will be able to provide higher quality and quicker services with the use of an air compressor, from the simple task of inflating tired to the more demanding nature of an a manufacturing operation.
The most common application for a reciprocating air compressor in smaller businesses is to power pneumatic tools. These types of tools are favored over their electric equivalents for their lighter weight and safer operation. Tools powered by electricity generate heat and can overheat or short out with continuous use.
Businesses that provide small engine service, auto service, recreational activities and dental services can all be using compressed air to deliver their services to customers.
Here are some of the typical air compressor applications of small- and medium-sized businesses:
- Painting vehicles in an auto body shop
- Sanding in an auto body shop or in woodworking
- Making snow at ski hills or for entertainment uses
- Using pneumatic nail guns for roofing
- Providing dental and medical services
- Using pneumatic drills and hammers on construction sites
- Powering various air tools in an automotive repair shop
- Using an air blowgun to clean machinery
- Sandblasting in a machine shop and manufacturing facilities
Looking for Suppliers Of Air Compressor, Air Compressor (Spare Parts & Accessories), Maintenance or Repair in Singapore.